Employment Period: Part-time
About The Phoenix Theatre Company
The Phoenix Theatre Company is a LOA LORT D Theatre and Arizona’s largest professional regional theatre.
Located in the heart of the Central Arts District close to downtown Phoenix, our beautiful 14 acre campus includes three theaters, a restaurant and bar, rehearsal halls, administrative offices, costume, scenic, prop, lighting and paint shops, all on one site. We produce a wide range of theatre, from full scale musicals to comedies, dramas and original new work. Our community service programs have gained National attention. With a $9 million annual operating budget, and entering our 102nd Season, we offer 10-14 diverse productions every season as well as a growing Festival of New American Theatre. This is a full time year round position in one of the best work environments in the country.
This is a part-time custodial position that will provide extra help for our full-time custodial staff, as needed. Hours will increase in spring and summer. Overnight/early-morning shifts are required. Must be able to work a schedule that will include weekends.
It is the role of the part-time custodian to follow schedules that will include, but are not limited to, the cleaning of theatres, lobbies, offices, kitchens and other common areas, bathrooms, dressing rooms, storage areas, elevators and staircases.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Collects garbage, trash and recycling throughout the facility as scheduled. Deposits in appropriate dumpsters.
- Thoroughly stocks cleans and sanitizes bathrooms as scheduled, including all mirrors (full length).
- Sweeps and wet mops all washable floors (including hallways, kitchens, bathrooms, lobbies, dressing rooms, rehearsal spaces, event spaces, staircases, elevators and classrooms) as scheduled.
- Cleans interior glass, mirrors, stainless steel and walls as scheduled.
- Cleans exterior glass doors (inside and outside of door) as scheduled.
- Vacuums all carpeting (offices, lobbies, green rooms) as scheduled.
- Shampoos all carpeting (offices, lobbies, green rooms) as scheduled.
- Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as scheduled.
- Cleans non-public areas (including storage areas, staircases and hallways) as scheduled.
- Performs other cleaning/stocking duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned.
It is preferred, but not required, that the part-time custodian have prior experience in the custodial field, but we are willing to train the right person. Willingness to learn and follow procedures, strong reliability and a strong commitment to maintaining a high standard of cleanliness are required. Must be able to comply with a background check. Effective oral and written communication skills commensurate with the responsibilities of the position are required. Must have effective organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Must be able to physically move through the facility and execute all cleaning responsibilities. This job involves standing for long periods as well as stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing and climbing. Ability to lift 55 pounds is required. Regular access to a reliable vehicle is preferred.
- General office and theatre environment
- Must be able to work overnight (1am-9am preferred, but there is some flexibility) on a schedule that will include weekends
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation ($13/hr)
Please send resume and cover letter to Joel Birch email@example.com. The Phoenix Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer.